Delaware North Sportservice is the exclusive concessions, premium dining and retail provider for New Era Field.
Delaware North Sportservice at New Era Field employs more than 1.200 part-time seasonal employees. Apply today!
To oversee in the preparation of food. Also follow instruction of: Executive Chef, Sous Chef. Able to guide and motivate staff.
- To oversee the daily food preparation in the Main Kitchen and external events
- To open and/or close kitchen to Chefs standards
- Cook food to specifications set forth, and to palatable finish
- Cook food required for the day, any events, and to prepare for the following day: Events, and Kitchen set up
- Follow corporate specifications in regards to uniform, hygiene, and Guest Path Standards
- Follow ALL NYS Department of Health safety and sanitation rules and regulations
- Maintain orderly and clean work stations
- Maintain kitchen equipment in terms of daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning duties
- To maintain and check proper stocking
- To maintain and check par levels of prepped product
- Responsible for baseline food preparation
- With help of Executive Chef and Sous Chef will guide and motivate staff
- Responsible for tracking of product waste and rotation
- Report to Chefs with any staff discrepancies that cannot be handled alone
- Responsible of checking and filling out of prep sheets
- Responsible for proper portion control
- Responsible over all cleanliness of kitchen and walk-in coolers and freezers
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50lbs
- Must be able to stand for periods up to 6-8 hours
Education & Experience:
- Previous cooking experience required, must supply references
- Culinary Education Preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations
- Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to GuestPath s Universal Service Standards
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attentive and detailed oriented
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, climb ladder, bend and/or squat
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Kitchen environment noise levels may be moderate to high
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping
- Frequently immerses hands in water
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination by employers, in compensation and employment opportunities, against qualified individuals with disabilities who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of a job. A function may be essential for any of several reasons, including: the job exists to perform that function, the employee holding the job was hired for his/her expertise in performing the function or only a limited number of employees are available to perform that function.Conditions of Employment
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: chief chef, commercial kitchen, corporate kitchen, culinary, deli chef, executive kitchen, pantry, pastry chef, pizza chef, tavern
• Post ID: 31617312 buffalo