Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 6:22 AM
POSITION TITLE: Dispatcher
REPORTS TO: Comm Center Supervisor
LOCATION: AMR New York FLSA STATUS: Non:Exempt
SUMMARY: The System Controller is responsible for obtaining all information necessary for service requests and for dispatching appropriate personnel based on response protocols. They are also responsible for processing requests by field crews for assistance, and facilitating the flow of information between administrative staff and field personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Utilize system status plan to control the location and movement of field units.
* Monitor and immediately answer radios to ensure crew safety.
* Follow established polices for radio communications and terminology.
* Answer incoming phone lines and processes the information in an accurate, timely, and courteous manner.
* Follow established policies for caller interrogation, information gathering, Emergency Medical Dispatching, call triage, and customer service.
* Demonstrate knowledge of area landmarks and geography including: all metropolitan areas, counties, fire districts, hospitals, and extended care facilities.
* Understand and maintain equipment located in the communications center ensuring efficiency of operations.
* Perform minor repairs and report major malfunctions to the supervisor or manager.
* Participate in quality improvement activities; assists in maintaining compliance with all established customer service standards.
* Support and uphold established corporation and department policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, and safety standards.
* Monitor and document response times exceptions, and lost unit minutes. Investigates and reports non:compliance with response time standards.
* Enters data accurately and completely into the Computer Aided Dispatch system for all service requests.
* Maintain positive behaviors, approaches, attitude and commitment to interpersonal service toward customers, visitors, and coworkers.
* Maintains performance levels consistent with departmental standards.
* Follow system status plan to ensure proper level of response and unit deployment. Make recommendations for system enhancement.
* Maintain a calm, non:emotional and professional atmosphere in the communications center at all times.
* Accurately provide assistance to responding units, with routing instructions as necessary.
* Attend scheduled department meetings and training sessions.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform other duties assigned.
High School diploma or GED. Demonstrated knowledge of local geography. Ability to perform in a high stress environment. Ability to wear and use a headset. 30 WPM. Must have no significant loss of hearing. Ability to stay seated for long periods of time without relief. Color Vision: ability to distinguish and identify different colors. Ability to concentrate on fine detail with constant interruption. Two years EMS field experience or One year EMS communications experience desired. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
EOE Including Veterans and Disabled
• Location: Buffalo
• Post ID: 30665692 buffalo