About the Job
The American Arbitration Association (AAA) is the designated organization administering the New York State Insurance Programs (NYSI) for the New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS). According to New York No Fault Regulation 68, the arbitration of No Fault disputes is conducted by No Fault Arbitrators appointed by and serving at the pleasure of the superintendent of the DFS. On behalf of the DFS, we are seeking No Fault Arbitrator candidates for Buffalo and surrounding regions in New York State. Arbitrator compensation is pursuant to an independent contractor agreement to be executed with DFS.
According to Subpart Section 65-4.5 of Regulation 68, arbitrators are expected to meet the following qualifications:
- An attorney licensed to practice law in New York State with at least 5 years of experience which the No-Fault Arbitrator Screening Committee determines qualifies such attorney to review and resolve issues in no-fault insurance disputes;
- A candidate shall disclose to the superintendent any circumstance likely to create an appearance of bias or which might disqualify such person as an arbitrator;
- During the period of appointment, an arbitrator will refrain from any practice or professional connection with any firm or insurer involved with automobile insurance or negligence law;
- An arbitrator candidate must meet any additional qualifications for appointment established by the No-Fault Arbitrator Screening Committee, subject to the approval of the superintendent of the DFS; and
- No person shall serve as an arbitrator in any arbitration in which such person has any financial or personal interest or bias.
In order to apply for appointment as a No Fault Arbitrator, you may submit your resume, letter of interest, and any supporting documents to the following address:
New York State Insurance Program Liaison
American Arbitration Association
120 Broadway, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10271
• Post ID: 29960693 buffalo