Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 6:05 AM
Our Grocery department provides everything our customers need to complete their meals and stock their homes with essentials. In this department, you'll work with a team to ensure products are stocked and customers are able to locate all of the items on their grocery lists. If you enjoy helping customers and working in a fast-paced environment, this could be the position for you!
People (Who We Are)
- Support, encourage, and respect co-workers
- Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for development
- Comply with Wegmans Policies and Work Rules, as well as, federal and state laws
- Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and coworkers to ensure efficient department operations
Customer (What We Believe)
- Proactively approach customers, assist them in locating products, provide suggestions and answer any questions about products
- Familiarize self with products in the department as well as inventory in the backroom to assist customers in locating items and product availability
- Seek to expand personal knowledge about products and trends and share with customers
Product (What We Do)
- Unload deliveries, stock shelves, displays and backroom while recognizing how seasons and holidays affect product sales
- Maintain department appearance by rotating product, sustaining product levels throughout the day, properly shrinking outdated product, checking expiration dates, ensuring shelves and displays are well-merchandised with fresh products
- Properly handle products, use equipment, keep accurate logs and follow sanitation practices in accordance with food and human safety guidelines, and Simplification 5S procedures
- Work includes walking, standing for up to 4 hours without a break, frequent heavy lifting, shelving of product, repetitive hand and arm movements, bending, and reaching, along with interaction with customers and co-workers. The average weight range of items lifted is 8-32 pounds with a maximum weight lifted greater than 50 pounds occasionally to frequently. You may receive assistance with heavy items, if available. May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction).
- Work includes use of hand pallet jack, power pallet jack, power walkie-reach, scissors lift or WAV unit. Wegmans certification required for use of power equipment
Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen and/or criminal background check. All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
Associated topics: cashier, customer, deliver, delivering, retail associate, sales, sales associate, sell, service associate, store associate
• Location: Buffalo
• Post ID: 36617022 buffalo