NRG is leading a customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the strength of the nations largest and most diverse competitive power portfolio. A Fortune 200 company, we create value through reliable and efficient conventional generation while driving innovation in solar and renewable power, electric vehicle ecosystems, carbon capture technology and customer-centric energy solutions. Our retail electricity providers serve almost 3 million residential and commercial customers throughout the country. More information is available at (link removed) color="#000000">. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
The Customer Care Rep will maintain client retention for personal accounts in PJM, CA, NY, Ontario, and TX. The Customer Care Rep reports directly to the Customer Care Supervisor, under the direct oversight of the Customer Care manager.
Role and Responsibilities
- Contact all new customers after assignment, preparing them for the registration process
- Verify contract information and addresses for all new customers; later follow up regarding business hours, shifts, contacts, any changes in machinery or processes, and ensure there are no issues or concerns
- Reach out to clients to obtain references and referrals
- Offer incentives such as tickets to sporting events, and coordinate any possible CR events
- Maintain a proactive approach to daily calls and questions: address payment questions and disputes; fuel reimbursement requests; contact information changes; billing requests, etc.
- Assist with customer payment mailings and performance reports
- Assist in renewing the customer when their contract expires
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in a customer relations role
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have excellent, professional written and verbal communication in order to communicate with customers and the CC team.
- The Customer Care Rep must fully understand each of ECS' demand response programs.
- Ability to handle questions and disputes in a professional manner
- Ability to understand and read performance reports: read baselines, troubleshoot dashboard and metering questions
- Ability to assist customers with issues on event day
- Must be very organized and detail oriented
- Proficient in MS Office; advanced Excel skills preferred
- Must be willing to make 250 plus phones calls per week
- Must be willing to average 2 hours of daily talk time
- Will be required to perform additional duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster(The poster can be found at (link removed))
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 27846028 buffalo